Are WinTel systems effective for security?
How should cyber security be approached by small businesses?
Yes, because Wintel roles center on featuring interoperability between Clustering, DNS, DHCP, DFS and the fact deploying and supporting Wintel servers relies on Active Directory, backup and virtualized technology in a large and complex environment (On-Premises & Cloud) - they have been developed to uphold the same security standardes needed in supporting Vmware and cloud hosting technologies (e.g. Azure, AWS, Softlayer). Developers who design architecture for Wintel systems usually also have excellent knowledge and understanding of Group Policy and Active Directory authentication, experience with PowerShell/ Python scripting for server administration and automation; and familiarity with the security needs around Chef, Artifactory, Bitbucket, Chef Automate, Jenkins pipelines.
What types of IT maintenance can I find help with on HostJane?
Even the smallest business online should be thinking about having some kind of strategy to implement and upgrade security measures, frameworks and controls. Websites without an ability to identify and mitigate network vulnerabilities, who don't have a plan in place on how to respond to and avoid security incidents run the risk of data loss and identity theft. Good information security relies on cyber security awareness and education, identity access management, privileged access management, data loss prevention, data classification, application security, endpoint protection, network security, intrusion detection/prevention, threat protection and penetration testing. Experienced security consultants with computer network penetration testing and techniques recomend XDR (Crowdstrike Suite), Content Filtering/Private Access Network (ZScaler), Firewalls (Fortigate) and Event Management (SIEM). The smart business will take advice from freelance cyber experts in
variety of applications and infrastructure including: MS Windows 2008 - 2019 Servers, Microsoft Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, NPS, Certificate (PKI), Group Policy, Exchange (Hybrid), Microsoft Office 365, VMware, Cisco Switch, F5 Big-IP. These hires can maintain identity and access management technology, understand security standards and frame works ISO27001-2, NIST, PCI DSS, HIPAA, GPDR and MITRE ATT&CK, and usually have comprehensive prior experience working with Application Server technology, database queries and directory servers.
HostJane attract IT consultants who have in-depth knowledge and extensive experience of:
(1) Microsoft Windows Server operating systems (2008, 2012, 2016)
(2) Windows desktop operating systems (7, 8, 10)
(3) Non-Microsoft operating systems (Linux, OS/2, Apple)
(4) Microsoft Back Office Products (SQL, IIS, Sharepoint)
(5) Thin Client Solutions (Citrix, Terminal Services)
(6) Network Attached Storage / SAN / Virtualisation Technologies (NetApp, VMWare, Xenserver)
(7) Microsoft Office and other industry standard applications packages
(8) Networking principles, including experience of complex IP-based networks, firewalls, routers, switches
(9) Industry-standard server and desktop computer hardware and wide ranging software.
(10) Multi-segment LAN/WAN environments, including VLANs
(11) Network Security, hardening techniques, testing methodology
(12) Programming and scripting technologies (VB.Net, VBScript, Powershell, batch files etc)
(13) Vulnerability scanning and Penetration testing techniques.
(14) “White Hat” hacker and SEO tools.