From ensuring the availability and optimization of SQL databases in Azure to managing MS SQL Server on-premise and SQL Azure to work in Transact SQL and SSIS, the database administrator has a demonstrated ability to undertake SQL database administration in a complex MS Windows as well as Active Directory based server environments. She or he will focus on DBA and SharePoint administration and application maintenance, project design and builds, and be responsible for the Database and SharePoint installation, building out of web parts in SharePoint framework as well as working with other 3rd party applications the utilize the SQL environment. This is why Microsoft stack knowledge (Windows Server, AD, .Net, SQL, PowerShell, Office 365) and Power BI and Power shell scripting is critical.
Oracle Database Administration enhances business intelligence by creating and maintaining databases required for a company's development, testing, education and production usage, as well as creating new database users. The Oracle DBA will need to be a specialist in Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) which allow customers to run a single Oracle Database across multiple servers and also Oracle Data guard to manage security and disaster recovery. She or he will performs ongoing tuning of Oracle database instances; plan and implement backup and recovery of the database environment. Additionally, Oracle DBAs control migrations of programs, database changes, reference data changes and menu changes through the development life cycle. This will extend to administering all database objects, including tables, clusters, indexes, views, sequences, packages and procedures, and performing database re-organizations as required to assist performance and ensure maximum up-time.
To successfully monitor database system resources and performance ensuring that they meet agreed customer SLA's, the DBA administrator will need to action customer Service Requests, and problem/incident management. This requires the ability to install, create, configure, upgrade, and monitor databases to ensure optimum performance. Additionally, to evaluate, recommend, manage, and execute patching and upgrades and manage database security and integrity, availability, backup, restore and recovery systems. The following are prerequisite:
1. Strong experience in complex environments with various data sources and endpoints including on premise SQL Server, Azure managed instances, on premise SSAS, on premise CRM and Azure Dataverse.
2. Experience with IaaS environments: Azure, AWS.
3. Experience in the design, implementation, management, and testing of High Availability environments that include SQL Clusters, Always-On and AG’s.
4. Experience in the installation and management of SQL Server Reporting and Integration Services
5. Experience in complex environments with various data sources and endpoints including on premise, Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) and AWS.
6. Experience with IaaS/PaaS environments: OCI, Azure and AWS.
7. Experience in the design, implementation, management, and testing of High Availability environments that include RAC, ASM and Data Guard.
8. Experience backup and recovery utilising RMAN.
9. Experience with Exadata and/or ODA implementation, administration and support.
10. Experience Forms, Reports, PL/SQL, Java, Enterprise Manager, SOA, WebLogic and JVM.